Rule[edit | edit source]
- A ship can perform two attacks during its activation, but it cannot attack from the same hull zone more than once per activation.
- A ship can attack the same target with different attacks.
- Ships and squadrons cannot attack friendly ships and squadrons.
An attack originates from one hull zone, and the target must be inside firing arc and at attack range of that hull zone (see: Targeting).
Steps during an Attack[edit | edit source]
To perform each attack with a squadron or ship, resolve the following steps:
1. Declare Target[edit | edit source]
2. Roll Attack Dice[edit | edit source]
5. Resolve Damage[edit | edit source]
- This step only occurs, when a ship attacks multiple squadrons.
After Attack, the last step of Ship Phase is Execute Maneuver.
New Rule[edit | edit source]
Ships of huge size can perform up to three attacks during their activation.
Ignition Attack[edit | edit source]
Ignition attacks can target ships beyond long range. Ships with a special battery armament, like the Onager-class Star Destroyer, may place a targeting token at the end of their activation. If the token was placed the ship must perform an Ignition Attack against a ship in the special firing arc as its first attack of the next activation.
You measure line of sight as normal and the dice for this attack are gathered from the special battery armament, but the range for this attack is determined by measuring from the attacker’s targeting token rather than the ship itself.
The Ignition Attack is a special attack and does not follow all rules for normal attacks. For example you cannot spend a Salvo Defense Token to counter an Ignition Attack.