- A ship can perform two attacks during its activation, but it cannot attack from the same hull zone more than once per activation.
- A ship can attack the same target with different attacks.
- A huge ship can perform up to three attacks during its activation. It cannot attack from the same hull zone more than once per activation. (Source: RRG 1.5.0 p. 8)
- A ship can attack an engaged squadron.
- Ships and squadrons cannot attack friendly ships and squadrons.
An attack originates from one hull zone, and the target must be inside firing arc and at attack range of that hull zone (see: Targeting).
Steps during an Attack
To perform an attack with a squadron or ship, resolve the following steps:
1. Declare Target
2. Roll Attack Dice
4. Spend Defense Tokens
5. Resolve Damage
- This step only occurs, when a ship attacks multiple squadrons.
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p.2
After Attack, the last step of Ship Phase is Execute Maneuver.
Ships with the ignition [range] keyword can target ships beyond long range. Ships with a special battery armament, like the Onager-class Star Destroyer, may place a targeting token at the end of their activation. If the token was placed the ship must perform an Ignition Attack against a ship in the special firing arc as its first attack of the next activation.
To resolve an ignition attack
- Declare the defender and defending hull zone, measuring firing arc and line of sight as normal.
- Gather dice based on the range from the attacker's targeting token to the defender, rather than based on the attack range.
- Continue resolving the attack as normal.
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p.10
You cannot spend a Salvo Defense Token to counter an Ignition Attack.
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p.8