The effect of this Defense Token has changed in Armada 1.5
- While defending at extreme range (beyond the length of the range ruler), the defender resolves the long-range effect and cancels one additional attack die.
- While defending at distance 1–2, the defender resolves the effect for medium and close range.
- When a ship spends an token while defending against a ship of a larger size class, it may cancel or reroll one additional attack die, as appropriate for the attack’s range. If it does, discard the spent token, whether it is readied or exhausted."
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p. 5
If the die, that has been rerolled due to this effect, shows an icon it cannot be spent to choose a defender's defense token. Dice with icon must be spent during attack step 3: "Resolve Attack Effects" and cannot be spent any more during attack step 4: "Spend Defense Tokens".
Flotillas with 1 Evade:
Capital Ships with 1 Evade:
- Consular-class Cruiser
- Hardcell-class Transport
- Hammerhead Corvette
- Nebulon-B Frigate
- Assault Frigate Mk II
- Modified Pelta-classCorvette
- Arquitens-class Light Cruiser
- Gladiator-class Star Destroyer
Capital Ships with 2 Evade:
Squadrons with 1 Evade:
*= Squadrons with a second defense token: Brace
Upgrade Cards with Evade:
- • Mon Mothma (Rebel Commander): When a friendly ship resolves the token effect, it can cancel 1 die at medium range or reroll 1 additional die at close range or distance 1."
- • Amity (Starhawk Title): "After you deploy, gain 1 defense token. ..."
- • Foresight (MC30c Title): "When you resolve the defense effect, you can affect 1 additional die. ..."
- • TB-73 (Pelta Title): "After you deploy, gain 1 additional defense token."
- • Sa Nalaor (Munificent Title): "While defending, if you are at speed 2 or higher, you may spend a defense token to resolve the defense effect instead of that token's effect. ..."
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (Turbolaser): "While attacking, you may spend 1 defense token to change 1 red die to a face with a icon or 2 icons."
- • Captain Needa (Imperial Officer): "At the start of the first round, you may replace 1 of your defense tokens with an defense token."