The rules to ready Upgrade Cards have changed in Armada 1.5
Cards and defense tokens begin the game readied (if not stated otherwise)p.5/15. They can be exhausted as part of the cost of an effect. Exhausted cards and defense tokens are no longer readied.p.15 They cannot be exhausted again.p.6/21 Exhausted cards and defense tokens are readied during Status Phase.p.20/21
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p.5/6/15/20/21
To ready Upgrade Cards with Recur and Non-Recur Icons
Some upgrade cards that can be exhausted are marked with a recur () icon next to their name and are readied during the Status Phase. While an upgrade card that is not marked with the icon or icon is exhausted, that card is treated as if it has the icon and is readied during the Status Phase.
Some upgrade cards are marked with a non-recur () icon. These cards do not ready during the Status Phase unless that player pays the cost to ready the card.
- If both players can pay to ready cards during the Status Phase, they take turns readying one card at a time, starting with the first player, until one player has no more cards to ready.
Source: RRG 1.5.0 p.15
To discard and ready Defense Tokens
When an exhausted defense token is spent, it is discarded for the rest of that game.
- To exhaust an upgrade card, rotate it 90° clockwise.
- To exhaust a readied defense token, flip its green side to its exhausted side (red).
Corellian Conflict Rule
In Corellian Conflict veteran token begin the game readied. When a readied veteran token is spent, it is flipped to its exhausted side. When an exhausted veteran token is spent, it is discarded for the rest of that game. A veteran token cannot be spent more than once during a ship or squadron's activation. Players do not ready exhausted veteran tokens during the Status Phase.
- To exhaust a veteran token, flip its readied side (green) to its exhausted side (red).
- When a card or defense token are readied during Status Phase. A readied card or token is no longer exhausted.
- Upgrade card effects that do not have an “exhaust” requirement can still be resolved while that card is exhausted. (See: MS-1 Ion Cannons)
Upgrade Cards with exhaust/ready
- • General Grievous (Separatist Commander): "When a friendly ship or squadron is destroyed, you may choose 1 friendly ship or unique squadron at distance 1-5 of the destroyed ship or squadron. If you do, the chosen ship or unique squadron may either ready 1 of its defense tokens or recover 1 of its discarded defense tokens and then exhaust that token.
- • Luminara Unduli (Republic Commander): "While a friendly ship or unique squadron is defending, after the Spend Defense Tokens step, if it spent fewer than 2 defense tokens, it may either ready 1 of its defense tokens it did not spend, or choose another friendly ship at distance 1-5 and ready 1 of that ship's defense tokens.
- • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Republic Commander): "While a friendly ship is defending, when it spends a readied token, it may reduce the total damage by 1 before it suffers damage."
- • Avenger (ISD Title): "While attacking, the defender cannot spend exhausted defense tokens."
- • Hand of Justice (Arquitens Title): "When you reveal a command, you may exhaust this card to choose another friendly ship at distance 1-5 and ready 1 of its defense tokens."
- • Suppressor (Gozanti Title): "After an enemy ship ends its activation, if it is at distance 1-3, you may choose and exhaust 1 of its defense tokens."
- • Interdictor (Interdictor Title): "When a ship activates, you may exhaust this card to ready 1 other upgrade card equipped to this ship."
- MS-1 Ion Cannon (Ion Cannons): "Blue: Choose and exhaust 1 of the defender's upgrade cards."
- Overload Pulse (Ion Cannons): "Blue: Exhaust all of the defender's defense tokens."
Upgrade Cards to exhaust to trigger effect
: Non-recur upgrades have a cost to be readied.
- • Adar Tallon (Rebel Officer)
- • Ahsoka Tano (Rebel Officer)
- • Avenger (ISD Title)
- Assault Concussion Missiles (Ordnance) [Armada 1.5]
- Assault Proton Torpedoes (Ordnance) [Armada 1.5]
- Battle Droid Reserves (Separatist Support Team)
- • Captain Brunson (Imperial Officer)
- Clone Navigation Officer (Republic Officer)
- • Commandant Aresko (Imperial Officer)
- • Commander Vanto (Imperial Officer)
- • Caitken and Shollan (Rebel Weapons Team)
- Dual Turbolaser Turrets (Turbolaser)
- Electronic Countermeasures (Defensive Retrofit)
- Engine Techs (Support Team)
- Fire Control Team (Weapons Team)
- G-8 Experimental Projector (Experimental Retrofit)
- • Hand of Justice (Arquitens Title)
- Heavy Ion Emplacements (Ion Cannons)
- Hyperwave Signal Boost (Separatist Offensive Retrofit)
- Intel Officer (Officer)
- • Interdictor (Interdictor Title)
- • Kyrsta Agate (Rebel Officer)
- Magnite Crystal Tractor Beam Array (Super Weapon)
- • Major Derlin (Rebel Officer)
- Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (MC Title)
- Munitions Resupply (Fleet Support)*
- NK-7 Ion Cannons (Ion Cannons)
- Ordnance Pods (Ordnance)
- Parts Resupply (Fleet Support)
- Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams (Offensive Retrofit)
- • Quantum Storm (G-75 Title)
- Reactive Gunnery (Defense Retrofit)
- Sa Nalaor (Munificent Title)
- Sensor Team (Weapons Team)
- Seventh Fleet Star Destroyer (Star Destroyer Title)
- Slicer Tools (Fleet Support)
- • Sovereign (ISD Title)
- • Strategic Adviser (Unique Officer)
- Swivel-Mount Batteries (Republic/Separatist Turbolaser)
- T-Series Tactical Droid (Separatist Officer)
- Targeting Scrambler (Experimental Retrofit)
- • The Grand Inquisitor (Imperial Officer)
- • Tide of Progress XII (Munificent Title)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (Turbolaser)
- Veteran Gunners (Weapons Team)
- • Wulff Yularen (Imperial Officer)