Cards and defense tokens begin the game readied. They can be exhausted as part of the cost of an effect. Exhausted cards and defense tokens are no longer readied. They cannot be exhausted again. When an exhausted defense token is spent, it is discarded for the rest of that game. Exhausted cards and defense tokens are readied during Status Phase.
- To exhaust an upgrade card, rotate it 90° clockwise.
- To exhaust a readied defense token, flip its green side to its exhausted side (red).
Corellian Conflict Rule Edit
In Corellian Conflict veteran token begin the game readied. When a readied veteran token is spent, it is flipped to its exhausted side. When an exhausted veteran token is spent, it is discarded for the rest of that game. A veteran token cannot be spent more than once during a ship or squadron's activation. Players do not ready exhausted veteran tokens during the Status Phase.
- To exhaust a veteran token, flip its readied side (green) to its exhausted side (red).
- When a card or defense token are readied during Status Phase. A readied card or token is no longer exhausted.
- Upgrade card effects that do not have an “exhaust” requirement can still be resolved while that card is exhausted. (See: MS-1 Ion Cannons)
Upgrade Cards with exhaust/ready Edit
- • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Republic Commander): "While a friendly ship is defending, when it spends a readied token, it may reduce the total damage by 1 before it suffers damage."
- • Avenger (ISD Title): "While attacking, the defender cannot spend exhausted defense tokens."
- • Hand of Justice (Arquitens Title): "When you reveal a command, you may exhaust this card to choose another friendly ship at distance 1-5 and ready 1 of its defense tokens."
- • Suppressor (Gozanti Title): "After an enemy ship ends its activation, if it is at distance 1-3, you may choose and exhaust 1 of its defense tokens."
- • Interdictor (Interdictor Title): "When a ship activates, you may exhaust this card to ready 1 other upgrade card equipped to this ship."
- MS-1 Ion Cannon (Ion Cannons): "Blue : Choose and exhaust 1 of the defender's upgrade cards."
- Overload Pulse (Ion Cannons): "Blue : Exhaust all of the defender's defense tokens."
Upgrade Cards to exhaust to trigger effect Edit
- • Adar Tallon (Rebel Officer)
- • Ahsoka Tano (Rebel Officer)
- • Avenger (ISD Title)
- • Captain Brunson (Imperial Officer)
- • Commandant Aresko (Imperial Officer)
- • Commander Vanto (Imperial Officer)
- • Caitken and Shollan (Rebel Weapons Team)
- Dual Turbolaser Turrets (Turbolaser)
- Electronic Countermeasures (Defensive Retrofit)
- Engine Techs (Support Team)
- Fire Control Team (Weapons Team)
- G-8 Experimental Projector (Experimental Retrofit)
- • Hand of Justice (Arquitens Title)
- Heavy Ion Emplacements (Ion Cannons)
- Intel Officer (Officer)
- • Interdictor (Interdictor Title)
- • Kyrsta Agate (Rebel Officer)
- Magnite Crystal Tractor Beam Array (Super Weapon)
- • Major Derlin (Rebel Officer)
- Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (MC Title)
- NK-7 Ion Cannons (Ion Cannons)
- Ordnance Pods (Ordnance)
- Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams (Offensive Retrofit)
- • Quantum Storm (G-75 Title)
- Sensor Team (Weapons Team)
- Seventh Fleet Star Destroyer (Star Destroyer Title)
- Slicer Tools (Fleet Support)
- • Sovereign (ISD Title)
- • Strategic Adviser (Unique Officer)
- Targeting Scrambler (Experimental Retrofit)
- • The Grand Inquisitor (Imperial Officer)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (Turbolaser)
- Veteran Gunners (Weapons Team)
- • Wulff Yularen (Imperial Officer)