Initiative determines which player acts first during Deploying Fleets, Ship Phase and Squadron Phase. That player is the first player and takes the initiative token. His opponent is the second player.
- During setup the player whose fleet has the lowest total fleet point cost chooses which player is the first player.
- The first player retains initiative for the entire game. Whenever effects happen at the same time, the first player must act first.
- During the Choose Objective step of setup, the first player looks at all three of the second player’s objective cards and chooses one of those cards to be the objective for the game.
- During Place Obstacles step setup, the second player starts choosing and placing obstacle tokens.
- If both players have the same score after six rounds, the second player wins the game.
Sector Fleet Rule (multi-player games) Edit
The Grand Admiral of the team that has initiative places the initiative token next to their edge with the blue side faceup. The team that has initiative is the first team. The team that does not is the second team.
Corellian Conflict RuleEdit
When playing the Corellian Conflict the normal rules for determining initiative don't apply.
Initiative for Teams during Strategy PhaseEdit
- Starting with the team that does not have initiative, each team alternates placing one Diplomat token on one unoccupied location on the map.
- The team with initiative chooses one of its players to declare an assault first.
Iniltliative for players during BattlesEdit
The player that declared the assault during Strategy Phase always is the First Player in a campaign game battle.