- To determine line of sight, a player uses the range ruler to trace a line between the attacking squadron or hull zone and the defending squadron or hull zone.
- When tracing line of sight to or from a squadron, players use the point of the squadron’s base that is closest to the opposing squadron or hull zone.
- When tracing line of sight to or from a hull zone, players use the yellow targeting point printed in that hull zone.
- If line of sight is traced through a hull zone on the defender that is not the defending zone, the attacker does not have line of sight and must choose another target. (FAQ Version 4.1.1; 2018/04/23 p. 5)
- If line of sight is traced through an obstacle token or through a ship that is not the attacker or defender, the attack is obstructed.
- Squadrons do not block or obstruct line of sight.
- The attacker’s hull zones do not block his line of sight.
- If players must trace a line that is longer than the range ruler, they can estimate the line extended from the end of the ruler.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.