Welcome to the Star Wars: Armada Wiki[edit | edit source]
Welcome to Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Wiki. This wiki is strictly for this miniatures game and the discussion of strategies with minimal lore. Feel free to contribute (and edit).
This Wiki is dedicated to the tabletop miniatures game Star Wars: Armada developed by Fantasy Flight Games. In 2021 the game will change to the hands of Atomic Mass Games studio.
Inspired by the awesome X-Wing Miniatures Wiki, for the (older) sister game, this wiki will serve the same purpose of being an easy look-up site for the components of the Star Wars: Armada miniatures game.
Learn more about what's happening here![edit | edit source]
Other languages[edit | edit source]There are so many languages spoken throughout the galaxy! The wiki provides its info in basic. But in May 2020 I started the enterprise to give valuable insights for the German speaking part of the galaxy!
Hallo Star Wars Fan! Seit 2016 betreue ich dieses Nachschlagewerk für Armada-Spieler. Nach vier Jahren wird es Zeit, das auch in meiner Muttersprache zu tun. Über Deine Mithilfe würde ich mich sehr freuen!
Publisher's Description[edit | edit source]
Armada is an epic, fun, two-player miniatures game of large-scale fleet battles set in the Star Wars universe. The time is the height of the Galactic Civil War. As the Imperial Navy’s Star Destroyers move systematically across the galaxy to impose order and crush those who would oppose the evil Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance launches its rag-tag fleet of ships and starfighters on daring raids and surgical strikes. Its aim? Weaken the Empire, blow by blow.
In Armada, you enter this ongoing conflict as a fleet admiral with either the Imperial Navy or Rebel Alliance. Your ships have come upon the enemy. Conflict is imminent. Thousands of crew race to their battle stations, preparing for massive exchanges of turbolaser fire. Thousands will die, but it is your job to command the fleet to victory. You must overcome your foes. You must achieve your objective. There is no room for failure.
Even though Armada is a game of capital ships and starfighter squadrons – with battles on a scale large enough to alter the fate of the galaxy – their outcomes still hinge upon you and your decisions. If you wish to emerge victorious, the first thing you’ll need to do is learn how your ships function in battle. Capital ships aren’t nimble like starfighters. In fact, the larger and more powerful your ships, the more time they take to respond to your commands. You can’t react instantly to threats as they arise. You have to plan for the future.
The Galactic Civil War[edit | edit source]
(Announced August 8, 2014 / Released March 27, 2015)
- Armada Core Set (SWM01)
(Announced November 10, 2014 / Released May 15, 2015)
- Victory-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack (SWM02)
- CR90 Corellian Corvette Expansion Pack (SWM03)
- Nebulon-B Frigate Expansion Pack (SWM04)
- Assault Frigate Mark II Expansion Pack (SWM05)
- Gladiator-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack (SWM06)
- Rebel Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack (SWM07)
- Imperial Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack (SWM08)
(Announced April 6, 2015 / Released November 26, 2015)
- Imperial-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack (SWM11)
- MC30c Frigate Expansion Pack (SWM12)
- Home One Expansion Pack (SWM13)
- Rogues and Villains Expansion Pack (SWM14)
- Imperial Raider Expansion Pack (SWM15)
(Announced March 16, 2016 / Released August 11, 2016)
(Announced May 20, 2016 / Released August 5, 2016)
(Announced August 5, 2016 / Released December 22, 2016)
- Phoenix Home Expansion Pack (SWM21)
- Imperial Light Cruiser Expansion Pack (SWM22)
- Rebel Fighter Squadrons II Expansion Pack (SWM23)
- Imperial Fighter Squadrons II Expansion Pack (SWM24)
(Announced March 14, 2017 / Released July 6, 2017)
(Announced August 25, 2017 / Released February 1, 2018)
Super Star Destroyer[edit | edit source]
(Announced August 1, 2018 / Released August 2, 2019)
Wave 8[edit | edit source]
(Announced August 2, 2019 / Released January 31, 2020)
- Nadiri Starhawk Expansion Pack (SWM32)
The Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
Wave 9[edit | edit source]
(Announced April 13, 2019 / Scheduled for late 2020)
- Galactic Republic Fleet Starter (SWM34)
- Separatist Alliance Fleet Starter (SWM35)
- Republic Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack (SWM36)
- Separatist Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack (SWM37)
- Upgrade Card Collection (SWM38)
- Dial Pack (SWM39)
Wave 10[edit | edit source]
(Announced July 31, 2020 / Scheduled for early 2021)
- Pelta-class Frigate Expansion Pack (SWM40)
- Venator-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack (SWM41)
- Invisible Hand Expansion Pack (SWM42)
- Recusant-class Destroyer Expansion Pack (SWM43)
Campaign Expansions[edit | edit source]
The Corellian Conflict[edit | edit source]
(Announced July 22, 2016 / Released December 22, 2016)
Rebellion in the Rim[edit | edit source]
(Announced March 28, 2019 / Released September 11, 2019)
Accessories[edit | edit source]
(Announced November 6, 2014 / Released March 2015)
- Star Wars: Armada Dice Pack (SWM09)
(Announced February 6, 2014 / Released July 29, 2015)
(Announced July 29, 2020 / Scheduled for late 2020)
Tournament Kits[edit | edit source]
- Spring 2015 Tournament Kit
- Summer 2015 Tournament Kit
- The Massing at Sullust Tournament Kit
- Winter 2015 Tournament Kit
- World Championships 2015 Prizes
- Store Championship 2016 Tournament Kit
- Spring 2016 Tournament Kit
- Summer 2016 Tournament Kit
- Regionals 2016 Tournament Kit
- Store Championship 2017 Tournament Kit
History[edit | edit source]
2014[edit | edit source]
- On August 8, 2014 Star Wars: Armada was officially announced by Fantasy Flight Games. It was released on March 27, 2015. Each core set includes three ships: one Victory-class Star Destroyer, a Nebulon-B Frigate, a CR90 Corellian Corvette, 6 TIE Fighter and 4 X-wing squadrons.
- On November 10, 2014 Wave 1 was announced, offering additional Expansion Packs and introducing Gladiator-class Star Destroyer, Assault Frigate Mk. II, and additional imperial and rebel squadrons.
2015[edit | edit source]
- On April 6, 2015 Wave 2 was announced, introducing irregular fighter squadrons and four new ships: Raider-class Corvette, Imperial-class Star Destroyer, MC30c Frigate, and MC80 Home One, adding the first ships on "large" bases for both factions.
2016[edit | edit source]
- On March 16, 2016 Wave 3 was announced, introducing the "Flotilla" ship type for both factions, in the shape of the Gozanti Assault Carrier for the Empire and the GR-75 Medium Transport for the Rebels.
- On May 20, 2016 Wave 4 was announced, introducing the Interdictor and the MC80 Liberty.
- On July 22, 2016 The Corellian Conflict was announced, adding the first playable campaign to the game and new aces and unique squadrons for each of the fighter squadrons in the game.
- On August 5, 2016 Wave 5 was announced, introducing the Modified Pelta-class Corvette, the Imperial Light Cruiser, and more imperial and rebel squadrons.
- On October 24, 2016 FAQ 2.2.1 changes the wording of the upgrade card "Jamming Field".
2017[edit | edit source]
- On March 14, 2017 Wave 6 was announced, introducing the Imperial Light Carrier and the first expansion pack holding two complete ship models: the Hammerhead Corvettes.
- On April 26, 2017 FAQ 3.1.1 changes the armament for the "Armed Station". It also changes the wording for the Objective Cards "Hyperlane Raid" and "Nebula Outskirts".
- On June 26, 2017 FAQ 3.2.1 changes the wording for the upgrade cards "Bomber Command Center", "• Demolisher", "• General Rieekan", "Turbolaser Reroute Circuits", and for the squadron card "• Major Rhymer TIE Bomber Squadron".
- On August 25, 2017 Wave 7 was announced. The Chimaera Expansion added new ship cards for the Imperial-class Star Destroyer and contained for the first time additional squadron models: 2 Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighters. The rebel side gained the MC75 Cruiser.
2018[edit | edit source]
- On August 1, 2018 The Super Star Destroyer Expansion was announced for Q1 2019. It will add a new size class and ruleset for epic gameplay.
- After hints in an interview with 2018 World Champion Nathan Coda, FFG officially states that players "will have to wait a little longer" for the Super Star Destroyer. It will be delayed until Q3 (August-October) 2019.
2019[edit | edit source]
- On March 28, 2019 a new Campaign Expansion was announced: Rebellion in the Rim for Q3 2019. It will contain new aces for Rogues and Villains Expansion, new Objectives (12 for standard games), and 28 upgrade cards!
- On April 13, 2019 at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago FFG announced the arrival of Clone Wars aera ships for Armada. They confirmed that the Republic and the Separatists will come as separate factions to the game. The release is awaited for the end of 2020.
- On August 2, 2019 FFG announced the release of Wave 8 for GCW Armada. It also introduces a new mechanic that allows ships to attack beyond range ruler length (extreme range) and a new type of Defense Token: Salvo.
2020[edit | edit source]
- On January 3, 2020 FFG published an errata for Admiral Raddus commander upgrade card and the Onager booklet, that allows Evade tokens to cancel 2 dice at extreme range.
- On March 2, 2020 FAQ 5.1.1 arrives with Errata for Hyperspace Migration and clarifications for several other Objective Cards. Escort overrules the card effect of IG-88B and many more clarifications.
- On March 28, 2020 FFG revealed the first 4 upgrade cards (Kraken, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Wat Tambor, and Clone Gunners) from the new Clone Wars content. They seem to be the same size like the squadron cards and not the smaller American mini format.
- On July 29, 2020 FFG revealed the initial Clone Wars product lineup, consisting of a faction Fleet Starter and Squadron Expansion for Republic and Separatists, as well as an Upgrade Card Collection and Dial Pack. Articles and pre-orders became available on July 31, 2020.
- On November 16, 2020 FFG announced that all Star Wars miniatures games will be moving to Atomic Mass Games studio. Key members of the teams involved in the creation and evolution of Star WarsX-Wing, Star Wars Legion, and Star Wars Armada will also change to the new firm.
- On December 2, 2020 FFG released the new Rules Reference Guide with several changes to rules, called Armada 1.5 together with several errata to upgrade cards. As a living document updates will replace the former FAQ documents.
2021[edit | edit source]
- On January 25, 2021 FFG announced the first wave (wave 10) with additional expansions for the Clone Wars introducing the Pelta-class Frigate and Venator-class Star Destroyer for the Galactic Republic together with the Recusant-class Destroyer and the Providence-class Dreadnought for the Separatists. The new expansions are scheduled for April 16.
Overviews[edit | edit source]
Rules & Updates (Download)[edit | edit source]
Star Wars Armada: Learn To Play (25 MB)
Star Wars Armada: Rules Reference 1.5 (1 MB) new
Star Wars Armada: Sector Fleet Rules (3,4 MB)
"This update contains the usual streamlined rules, clarifications, new questions, and other minor changes that come with refining the rules. In addition, today’s update includes errata to a couple of cards that players should be sure to read about."